Tuesday, January 27, 2009

ITS REALLY HAPPENING

WOW!!! I really am in Prague right now.

Haha, unbelieavable. All the way from Raleigh, New York, and London. Those airports were AMAZING, and probably really expensive to build, too (great travel pictures soon to come). No problems anywhere to report, well except that my one checked bag got left in London, of course. They are sending it on the next flight, so it should be here soon. But until then, I'll have no bathroom kit, clothes, towel. Only the electronics that I brought on my carry-on.

Enough about that, I'M IN PRAGUE! Wow, i'm sure it will hit me soon enough like a ton of bricks. I haven't really tried to do anything too crazy yet, but I know that when I do, it will be a test of patience and perseverence (mainly patience).

While we were being driven (well, more like rocket-blasted through a free-for-all of traffic and danger (SCARY!!!!)) from the airport to our hotel, we drove what seemed like all the way through the center of the city. We saw some of the famous sights, which peaked our excitement needle way over the top. Needless to say, it's quite different. I can't put a finger or words to it now, but I will soon enough.

The internet cafe that I am in closes in a few minutes, so it's time to pack up shop for now, but more to come for sure!

3 comments:

  1. Hooray!! So happy to see that you arrived safely! It's evident from your writing how excited you all are! I hope your luggage arrives safely as well very soon. If not, well you might find yourself the proud owner of authentic Czeck clothes! (Haha- most likely imported Levi jeans!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. well I personally cant wait to hear what kinds of innnnteresting things you will be eating.

    from a website: "Czech people love Svičková (read “svitch-co-va”) or Rajská (read “raiska”), a somehow interesting combination of meat with sauce and whipped cream."

    if thats not a party in your mouth i dont know what is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe it! FINALLY, after talking about it for 2 and a half years. YOU'RE THERE.
    make sure you find a good background for Skype!

    and let me know how that Svičková tastes...

    ReplyDelete